This role is accountable for the identification, selection, negotiation and procurement of raw materials, packaging, equipment, corporate purchased items and other select items from qualified vendors. Responsible for developing and maintaining the corporate policies and procedures for purchasing across the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain an operationally and technically competitive supply base.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in alignment with the overall Operations strategy, and effectively manage the resulting relationships.
- Secure supply contracts with preferred suppliers.
- Identify, select, negotiate and secure raw material and packaging supply from qualified suppliers.
- Deal with marketing and multiple packaging vendors on bag design and supply.
- Minimizes in-bound freight costs through negotiation.
- Leverage added value services from suppliers through contract negotiations.
- Perform annual review with key suppliers
- Works closely with Plants, supply chain and finance team to ensure effective management of raw material and packaging inventory. Ensures inventory levels are maintained between set min and max levels needed to meet forecast and control working capital.
- Partners with supply chain and IT to develop MRP functions of ERP system.
- Define cost reduction opportunities based on the total costs associated with procuring materials and services from selected suppliers.
- Provide operational support which entails providing appropriate resources to the sites, monitoring supplier delivery and quality performance, expediting delivery schedule orders, and acting as the first point of contact between the Company and its’ suppliers.
- Works with technical and marketing teams to ensure new, technically approved raw materials are sourced in timely manner for new product introduction and discontinued raw materials are existed in a controlled, cost effective way.
- Measures and tracks KPI’s of supplier performance.
- Plan for current and future needs and overcome obstacles to ensure success.
- Keep ahead of market trends for price and security of supply using known industry standard indices.
- Performs purchasing for corporate function on an as needed basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understand lead times, inventories for raw materials and delivery requirements and setting the standards and expectations for supplier to meet the needs of the company.
- Ability to allocate resources to maximize the completion of current and future needs of the business.
- Understand how to assess the entire flow of goods and materials to ensure efficient delivery, quality goods, and on-time delivery of those goods
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability monitor data and keep accurate product, contracts, pricing and invoicing information.
- Concise communication through the organization
- Agile decision-making skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and industry software.
- Proficient developing and working with ERP systems
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, purchasing or related field
- Professional designation preferred
- Demonstrated experience dealing with international suppliers
- Demonstrated experience dealing with multiple bag packaging suppliers for packaging design and set up.
- 7+ years of negotiation and procurement experience
- 7+ years of a lean manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate ability to develop MRP processes within ERP platform.
- Strong financial analysis experience
- Knowledge of supply chain management, inventory & manufacturing principles and logistics
- Typical of a standard office environment. Noise level is generally quiet.
- Sitting and using office equipment (computers, telephones, calculators, copiers) for prolonged periods of time.
- Lifting requirements generally under 25 lbs.