Sun Gro® Horticulture is one of the most prominent North American horticultural companies, employing over 800 staff and serving customers worldwide. Since its humble beginnings in 1929, it has become the leading supplier of soilless growing mixes to North America’s top 100 greenhouse and nursery growers, shipping over 70,000 truckloads of product annually. Sun Gro products are made to exacting standards and conform to high product quality and performance criteria.
We currently have an opening in Seba Beach, AB for a Maintenance Manager. This person will be responsible for the maintenance of all process equipment throughout the plant. Supervision and support teams to develop the continuous improvement and safety performance programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· The function is to provide leadership to all teams, to satisfy our customers, and achieve superior business results.
· Provide Leadership in the area of Safety Performance
· Ensure that all employees work in a safe manor to support the corporate safety goals
· Ensure appropriate resources are available to all staff to achieve corporate safety goals.
· Measure, Monitor, Audit and Evaluate Safety Performance at all operations.
· Communicate the importance of health and safety to all employees, contractors and visitors.
· Design and lead long term improvement plans for the facilities
· Monitor the performance and effectiveness of all operations
· Effectively manage company assets.
· Be dedicated to employee development and succession planning principles
· Responsible for Team Development
· Understand safety with high regard to OHS and company policies
· Excel in workplace coaching skills
· Help team meet business plan goals
· Act as a coach, teacher and problem solver
· Support team in:
– Developing standard work procedures
– Developing job skills
– Apply the 4 rules of production
– Develop problem solving skills
– Look for things that are not ideal
· Monitor team performance and maintain records
· Coordinate with other teams and leadership team
· Analyze cause and effects
· To provide for optimum maintenance of plant equipment.
· To recommend and carry out approved capital projects.
· To provide management of inventories.
– Drive the LEAN manufacturing program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to plan, organize and monitor activities according to priorities
· Establish and meet schedules, deadlines and quotas
· Decision making skills that focus on process improvement
· Work co-operatively with cross-functional team members
· Mechanical skills and aptitude
· Work in stressful environment
· Understand safety and implement programs
· Understand LEAN manufacturing and teach/mentor team members
· Communication and writing skills
· Facilitation skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Trade background an asset
– First aid, Hazard ID, WHIMIS
– Experience in plant environment
– Supervision skills
– Computer skills – Microsoft Office, front end systems, QC systems
Seba Beach, Alberta
To complete your application, submit the form below. You are permitted to submit up to 3 files.
Include your resume, cover letter and threee professional references.
If you have any general questions about Sun Gro Horticulture please contact us using one of the means below.
Sun Gro Horticulture
770 Silver Street
Agawam, MA 01001
United States of America
All contents unless otherwise noted copyright © 2005-2022 Sun Gro Horticulture Canada Ltd. All rights reserved. No materials contained herein may be duplicated or used in any way without the express written permission of Sun Gro Horticulture or its legal representatives.
® Fafard, Sunshine Advanced, Sunshine, Metro-Mix and Redi-earth, All the Riches of the Earth, RESiLIENCE, Our Expertise is Growing and Sun Gro are registered trademarks of Sun Gro Horticulture Canada Ltd.
® Black Gold is a registered trademark of ODIN Enterprises II, LLC. Used under license.
® Black Gold is a registered trademark of Vernon and Joan Lobe. Used under license.
Not all products available in all markets.
While we have made every effort to ensure the information on this website is reliable, Sun Gro Horticulture is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this site is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information.