This position will report to the Director of Operations Finance and is responsible for a wide range of financial analysis tasks relating to operations and standard costing. This role will support accounting activities at specific operating locations across North America; including but not limited to overhead, inventory and capital spend analysis, controls, budgeting and standard costing.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for monthly reporting and analysis on plant operations, including the ability to analyze variances.
- Responsible for building annual overhead budgets, working closely with site leads
- Responsible for the set-up of new standard bills of material (BOM) and ensuring existing BOMs standards are accurate. Leads annual standard update and updates throughout the year as required.
- Work with Internal Audit, as required.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare financial management reports as requested
- Prepare supporting schedules for the financial audits
- Comply with relevant laws and regulations and ensure the integrity of financial data
- Meet all financial reporting deadlines
- Responsible for month-end accruals and analysis
- Continuous improvement: Monitor operations and make recommendations on opportunities for improvement. Share knowledge between sites, working with them to implement best practices / recommendations consistently across all sites and monitor implementation to ensure proper execution/implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be a positive, contributing team member
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Proficient with technology. Computer skills a must, specific proficiency in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables, filters), Word, PowerPoint, Internet and email.
- Highly motivated with strong analytical, planning, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties.
- Strong Fact Based Decision Making skills – supports decisions with data and uses data to solve problems
- Ability to Establish Plans – set clear, measurable goals, anticipating roadblocks and adjusts for problems, can accurate assess the length and difficulty of tasks.
- Change Champion – able to communicate changes, remove obstacles and understand who needs to be involved in driving changes.
- Strong execution skills – can provide support without removing responsibility, monitors progress to ensure achievement of goals, coordinate with other work groups.
- Possesses the ability to strategize and solve problems, working directly with operations.
- Display a willingness to take on a broad range of duties and projects and comfortable with a flexible, hands on approach.
- Strong customer focus – includes the ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business as well as fostering a strong customer focus mindset.
- Excels in an environment that fosters process improvement and challenges status quo to eliminate non-value added work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Accounting/finance experience required
- Strong understanding of accounting theory & transactions
- Manufacturing accounting experience
- Accounting designation or working towards one is preferred
- Office; limited travel to sites across North America required