The Regional Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator works throughout the region to drive the health, safety and environmental culture throughout the designated area. The position requires a strong individual that can drive results with and through others while maintaining consistency and neutrality within the process. This position serves as a resource for all health and safety functions within the sites and assists in the coaching, mentoring, and implementation of the HSE program. This is a hands-on position and the incumbent will be expected to develop many different types of documents, procedures, rules, work instructions etc.
- Be the resource for all HSE throughout the region.
- Maintain and create Sun Gro HSE Management System documents including but not limited to policies and procedures, work instructions, training plans and information postings specific to the the region.
- Responsible for assisting in identifying potential health, safety, and environmental hazards, and work with the Corporate HSE Manager on training or process improvement required to reduce the hazard.
- Assist facility Supervisors and Managers with the application of the HSE system requirements.
- Work with the Corporate HSE Manager to ensure all Sun Gro HSE trainings are completed.
- Assist with the development of HSE training and education programs for staff within facillities.
- Prepare Safety talks and training materials for all departments on the frequency required by the CHSE department. For example: Maintenance safety talks prepared for monthly meetings, Production safety talks are bi-weekly etc.
- Complete internal audits in conjunction with each facility within region. In addition, assist and help prepare facilities for any external audit (i.e. Certification of Recognition (COR)).
- Participate in JHSC meetings in region as needed.
- Prepare monthly report on HSE system status, First Aids, Accident/Incidents JHSC activities.
- Help facilities, in unison with HR, manage the worker’s compensation and return to work programs. Provide direction to supervisors and managers regarding claims management. Maintain chronology for each case.
- Support and assist in implementing Corporate HSE safety action plans, and business plans.
- Assist management with root cause analysis (RCA) investigation.
- Assist in monitoring Safety Data Platform entries input by the locations, and work with other Safety Data Platform Operators in managing and escalating incident submissions.
Train SunGro employees in HSE policies, procedures & practices according to legislations and internal trainings as required.