To plan, organize, and control the total selling effort within the assigned territory.
Achieve area sales budget objectives and plans as assigned.
Control and monitor sales expense budgets conforming to the expense plan guidelines and policies.
Ensure distribution objectives are attained as assigned on a consistent basis for professional and retail product line.
Establish territory, distributor, and account objectives and develop plans for their accomplishments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for delivering combined product sales of either professional and retail peat moss and mixes according to approved sales and marketing plans.
- Responsible for implementing/controlling approved sales/marketing programs and procedures.
- Initiate, monitor, and recommend sales programs which are realistic and measurable as well as a timetable for accomplishment to capitalize on opportunities within the territory.
- Control territory expense budgets as assigned.
- Achieve new account and distribution objectives as assigned.
- Regularly complete field reports and maintain records of territory activities to be submitted as required.
- Records are up-to-date, accurate, neat, and readily accessible.
- Communication with your supervisor(s) about any and all factors or activities which affect your territory directly or indirectly and also various company departments.
- Participate in regional meetings to plan and analyze business activities.
- Improve business relationships with key account decision makers by actual account calls and through trade show functions.
- Properly handles all customer requests, problems, or special situations relating to our product’s performance.
- Exercise proper care in handling all company materials and equipment so that the appearance and condition is such that it will create a favorable impression at all times.
- Help in managing any co-pack business and relationships when appropriate.
- Timely submission of sales reports & expense reports as required to meet monthly deadline.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Organizational Ability – Capability to:
- Plan, organize, and monitor activities according to priorities.
- Establish schedules, deadlines, or quotas.
- Coordinate resources toward fulfillment of desired objectives.
- Develop results-oriented conclusions.
- Communications/Interpersonal Skills – Capability to:
- Listen effectively.
- Describe or explain information, concepts, ideas, or instructions to others.
- Interface effectively with customers, the public, and co-workers.
- Decision-making Ability – Capability to:
- Perceive and evaluate alternatives.
- Analyze impact of decisions before executing them.
- Make and implement decisions compatible with organizational goals.
- Support decisions with appropriate evidence and rationale.
- The ability to make accurate assessments on market conditions and trends and convey these in a professional manner.
- Perform with absolute honesty and diplomacy managing multiple distributors in the territory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educational background in horticulture or equivalent experience gained through employment in horticulture or similar related job.
- Adequate sales experience to perform all necessary sales functions as required.
- Professional knowledge and skills required and if in a professional sales position, a comprehensive technical background.
- Computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Excel.
- Proven record of understanding and achievements in horticulture or other sales-related activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel in order to cover territory needs and team activities.
- Home office, Plants and customer sites
We are an equal opportunity employer.